2024-10-11

Pre-orders for my Minifig-scale UCS-style Trailblazer are open ! - And what I think of StarWars Outlaws

While playing Skyrim (a lot) in 2011/2012, I was often thinking "a game like that in the Star Wars universe would be so awesome"
Fast forward to 2024, and we have SW Outlaws.

I played over 100hours of it since August, so needless to say, I love it.

I'm lucky enough to have a PC that runs it smoothly. (100fps on a ultra wide screen)
It is beautiful. Sometimes it's not the side quests who keep me away from the main story, it's just looking at the jaw dropping landscapes.
I did experience a couple couple of bugs, but nothing too serious.

I'm lucky enough to be the kind of Star Wars fan who has seen all the shows, movies, animated series and has read novels like Aftermath, so I enjoyed the appearance of Temmin and Qira and many smaller details and easter eggs.

I'm lucky enough to not think every woman should be a bimbo. And find Kay to be a great protagonist.

I'm lucky enough to understand Ubisoft decision to not accept the 30% shakedown from Steam and release the game on their own platform.

I'm lucky enough to have the patience and skill to play a stealth game. I found the game a bit too easy on the default difficulty. I'll probably do another run with all difficulty maxed during the winter.

Also...
Nix and ND5. :D


Which leads us to the Trailblazer.

For me, it was love at first sight, as it was with the Razorcrest back in 2019.

The general shape seems simple but it's full of Star Wars goodness, shapes angles and details.
I knew I was going to spend a lot of time on it. And I did.

It is now mid October and here it is