2023-04-22

The Mandalorian - Season 3 recap

I loved this 3rd season of the Mandalorian. Loved the links to Rebels, the Prequels, the Sequels, even to Resistance.

Dave Filoni is a bridge builder.
Clone wars and Rebels were a bridge between the Prequels and the OT.
Mandalorian and Ahsoka are a bridge between the OT and the Sequels.

But sadly, no new ship has really caught my eye in this season.

Sure, Bo Katan's Kom'rk-Class Fighter Transport is pretty cool, but I am not planning to do my own version of it. (And my friend Lee already nailed it)


The pirate fighters 
from Chapter 21 were OK, but Lego announced and launched their official minifigscale version super fast.

And that big Pirate ship, it had interesting angles and patterns, but it is too big for the minifig-scale maniac I am.


But there are still some scenes that have ignited my Lego brain during this season!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 21

Zeb :
"I like your attitude, Good luck, you're gonna need it"














The Top Gun vibe was fun in this New Republic pilot lounge bar on the planet Adelphi.

I started "fig-bashing" the various characters:
- Carson Teva (Paul Sun-Hyung Lee)
- Zeb
- Trapper Wolf (Dave Filoni)
- Sash Ketter (Deborah Chow)
- Jib Dodger (Rick Famuyiwa)

and ended up doing the full scene :)

This place is also seen in the last chapter, it helped me add some more details.

I did not make a digital version, so no instructions for this one (yet?).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 23

Bo : "Come on. We're not leaving you behind!"
Paz : "Go. There are too many"
Bo : "No!"
Paz : "This is the way."


I think at some point they over-used the line :"This is the way".
But at that very moment, when Paz says it. It really stings...

When I was exposing this build in Montreal back in May of 2023, it was fun to see the 2 possibles reactions of the visitors.
I could instantly tell by the movement and size of their eyes if they had seen the show or not. :)

The instructions are available here.

Notes:
 - I hope Lego will release a version of these Commando troopers.
 - T
his scene can easily become the next one with the 3 Praetorians.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 24


Greef : "A cabin, just outside of town where you can lay low with your new family ir you choose so"

















I made this one first with stud.io and the plans are available here

I hope we will see the interior in another season, and I will update this build if this would happen.

Here is what it looks like in real bricks next to my N1.







 











-----------------------------------------------------------------------
IG 12


This was a fun part, but I am glad it was only temporary.
It's good to see IG11 back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo




He was mentioned again ! 
Just as I was working on my very first Lego portrait.
Free instructions here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't wait for the Ahsoka show now...